Friday, February 22, 2013

on top of a piiiizza!

Here's an oldie but a goodie from the drafts of September 2012...


On Saturday night, we went to a farewell pizza party for our friend Katelyn who is off to see the world for the next six months or so. Jen kindly hosted the shin dig at her house, which has a gorgeous backyard and wood-fired pizza oven (!).

Jen and Katelyn made a huge stash of pizza dough for bases and everyone brought a topping or two - we had an assortment of meats, vegetables, pesto, cheese, and a few jars of olives that I don't think actually made it onto any pizza. Later on, there was a quick run to the shops for nutella, marshmallows, berries, and chocolate for dessert pizzas. That Cherry Ripe pizza was divine!


  

I took an epic break from the whole30 and dove right in! EPIC. Seriously, you guys, don't look at me as a good example of how to do this thing right (although on the first round I was stringent, I'm thinking of round two as a way to start testing how I'm going to live and eat from now on). There is no way to eat whole30 friendly at a pizza party (unless you don't eat, or only eat a pile of toppings with tomato paste as a dressing), so I just embraced it. And my stomach let me know what I'd done on Sunday morning, let me tell you.

It was just a good time spent with good friends, sharing food (which we love to do) and enjoying each others company. Farewell, Katelyn, we know you're gonna have a blast!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment