Saturday, August 25, 2012

on this busy season.


The last two weeks have been pretty busy times here at our house. With work and a multitude of projects and extra commitments going on between the two of us, we've felt a bit under the pump and stressed out around here. But finally today we've got a little bit of time this weekend to have a break clean the house blog.

Things are hectic, you guys! But fortunately, they are moving forward quite smoothly and on queue. I just finished week two of c25k, I'm 10 days into my second round of the whole30, and I just got invited this week to a great work event in Sydney in two weeks. Despite the crazy, as I said to Marsh the other day, I am trying to savour and enjoy all of these things as they happen, because I know that when they are over, I'll wish there was some fun stuff going down! And I really have had/got some great opportunities coming up.

In fact, by the end of 2012:
  • I will have been to Melbourne (twice), Sydney, Canberra, Singapore, Vietnam, and Margaret River for various friendly gatherings, work events, and adventures;
  • I will have completed my Graduate Diploma (or will I have turned it into a Masters? ugh, no thanks);
  • We will have taken our show to the Melbourne Fringe (!!!);
  • I will be able to run 5km (fingers crossed);
  • We will have moved offices at work to a much closer and down right better place; and
  • My bike will be put together (more on that later).
We've even started talking about our plans for 2013, which are very exciting, but mostly I think our goals are just to have fun (with friends, family, and each other), stay healthy, and save money. As much as I'm enjoying this busy season, I'm looking forward to things winding down in the summer time and spending time with the people I love.

It's hard for me to keep my head out of the future and out of the clouds, but I am working on it, and today is a day to be present, so I'll catch you later, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment